Since the release of LimeSurvey Version 4, users have had the ability
to assign roles through the global permissions functionality.
As an administrator, you can assign roles directly to a user.
The roles that a user is assigned to provides the permissions they need
for their role.
Managing users/user roles: Configuration -> Users -> User roles
From here you can view a list of current roles and create or import a role.
There are five buttons in the actions column assigned to all roles.
- The Edit button, identified by the pencil icon, allows you to edit the name and description of the role.
- The Permissions button, identified by the lock icon, opens
the permissions table. All permissions selected here will be applied to
users assigned to the role.
- The View button, identified by the magnifying glass icon, gives you an overview of the users currently assigned to this role.
- The Export button, identified by the download icon, allows
you to export a role as an XML-File. The exported file can then be used
in another survey.
- The Delete button, identified by the red trash bin icon, deletes the role.
Add a new role
To add a new role click Add user role in the top bar.
- Enter a name for the role.
- It should be short and easy to understand.
- Enter a description.
- The description will be shown only on the overview page.
ATTENTION! Both input fields are required!