Deactivating a survey
To stop a survey, you can either "expire" or "deactivate" it.
Attention: We strongly recommend using the expiry option to stop (end) a survey. The reasons are stated below.
1. Click Stop this survey on the top toolbar:
2. Click Deactivate survey:
Why we recommend expiry (vs deactivation)
When a survey is deactivated:
- All results are lost (you cannot access them via the LimeSurvey user interface).
- All participant information is lost.
- The deactivated survey is not accessible to the participants (a message will be displayed stating that the survey is no long accessible).
- All questions, groups, and parameters can still be edited.
- We recommend that you export your responses before using this option.