To create a new menu or add new menu entries to a preexisting menu: Configuration -> Settings -> Survey Menu
You can change the existing survey menus or create a special survey menu for a certain user groups. You can also add new menu entries or edit the existing ones.
On the Survey menus page, the Menu Configuration panel, a table with all the existing survey menus, is displayed.
Four actions can be performed:
- Create a menu
- Edit a menu
- Delete a menu
- Reset to default values
To create a new menu, click the green button (+ New) located in the upper left part of the window. The following window will be displayed:
A group of options is available:
- Parent: Use this option to select the parent menu of another survey menu. In this way, a survey menu will be displayed within another menu once clicked. For example, the plugin menu is a survey menu that has as parent menu the mainmenu, being displayed the bottom of it due to its order.
- Survey: You can choose the survey the menu will be available for. It comes automatically set up for All surveys;
- Ordering: If you use more menus that have the same position, ordering them would help you better organize them.
- Title: The tile of the menu;
- Description: A short summary of the entries that will be added to that menu can be added - useful for other LimeSurvey administrators that wish to later change the configuration of the survey menus;
- Position: Four positions are available:
- Sidemenu : The menu will be located on the left side of the window;
- Collapsed menu : A collapsed menu will display only the icons of the survey menu entries;
- Top bar : The menu is going to be on a bar located in the upper part of the window;
- Bottom bar : The menu is going to be on a bar located in the lower part of the window.
If you would like to change the details of an already existing menu, click the green button located in the Action column.
To delete a menu, click the red trash button that corresponds to that respective menu (located in the Action column). If you click Delete now, all the menu entries of that menu will also be deleted.
Reset to default values
If you edit the default menus and want to reverse the changes, click the Reset button located in the upper right part of the window. Once clicked, you will be asked to confirm the operation. Please note that all the custom menus will be lost if you decide to proceed.
Attention: Please note that in order to backup your survey menus configuration, create a LimeSurvey database backup. A separate option will be introduced in the near future to facilitate only the backup of the survey menus.
Check out the following examples to better understand how you can edit survey menus.
To change it, access the menu configuration panel. Edit the main menu and change its position from side menu to collapsed menu, and the position of the quick menu from collapsed to side menu.
Once the changes are done, the side menu of the survey (the options displayed under the settings tab) will become the following one:
To add a new (sub)menu to easily access from the settings tab the list question and question groups options, you have to create the menu option:
To have it displayed in front of the Plugin menu, select "Survey menu" to be the parent menu, order "2", to be displayed before the plugin menu, and position "sidemenu" (similar to the position of the parent menu).
Now, the menu is empty. You have to add menu entries to the newly created menu. To do that, access the menu entries panel menu entries panel and add the two links that correspond to "list questions" and "list question groups": To do that, you need to configure the LimeSurvey menu entries. Please continue reading the following article on menu entries for instructions on how this is done.
Menu Entries Configuration
General To access the Survey Menu entries table: Configuration -> Settings -> Survey menu entries This function allows you to create, edit or delete survey menu entries. To be visible/displayed, these entries have to be added into a menu. Menu ...
Overview - Configuration Tab
General The Configuration tab contains three menus: Advanced, Users, and Settings. Advanced menu The functionality here can be used to change survey themes, add/edit label sets, check for data consistency, and do a backup of your database. It also ...
General Settings is the third menu under Configuration, located in the top navigation bar of the home page. There are five items listed under Settings. Settings menu The five options under the settings menu can be used to customize your LimeSurvey ...
General Advanced is the first menu under Configuration located in the top navigation bar of the home page. The functionality here can be used to change survey themes, add/edit label sets, check for data consistency, and do a backup of your ...
General Label sets are list templates where each list has a set of codes with labels and can be used in most question types either as answers or as sub-questions. Please bear in mind that LimeSurvey's label sets are merely copied to the particular ...